To be honest, I don’t love bananas just plain. I love them with either a huge heap of peanut butter dolloped on top or when they are baked into something delicious once they are ripe. My favorite recipe by far are these Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins.
The recipe is from Partial Ingredients and I seriously make these any time I have ripe bananas!
- 1 egg
- 1 cup overripe mashed banana (about 2 bananas)
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Line muffin tray with 12 paper muffin cups.
- Beat egg in a large bowl. Stir in milk, oil and banana.
- Stir in remaining ingredients until flour is just dissolved. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon into muffin cups. Sprinkle muffins with additional chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 20 minutes in a preheated 400F oven. Immediately remove from pan.
What I love most about these muffins is that all of the ingredients required for the recipe are ingredients I usually have on hand!
I feel like when I look up recipes it’s so common that they require sour cream or apple sauce or greek yogurt etc. etc. and I never have those ingredients in my fridge.
Hope you enjoy!
They are seriously some of my favorite.